What is it you've been saving your fourth finger for? John and Dave share a tip with the answer. Lots of tips today, in fact, including more about pasting plain text, finding SSD firmware updates, a NEW tip for deleting pesky files and much, much more. Download and enjoy!
MGG 596: Taking a SIP from Apple’s Fountain
Sponsor: HelloFresh is the meal kit delivery service that makes cooking fun, easy, and convenient! Use promo code MGG to save $35 off your first order!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Tau Day (2:06)
- How to take a screenshot on your Mac (4:57)
- Eight ways to save time with the Proxy Icon (5:57)
- OS X: About OS X Recovery (7:19)
- Mailbox size and message sending limits in iCloud (9:30)
- Shift+Command+I used to create a mail message using Safari (12:23)
- Safari 9 (El Capitan): Safari keyboard and other shortcuts
- How to Recover Missing Hard Drive Space with OmniDiskSweeper (13:24)
- VoLTE Interoperability … Coming? (20:07)
- Phones supporting VoLTE
- f.lux (for Mac) (29:00)
- Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac (30:47)
- How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac
- System Integrity Protection (41:31)
- Use TotalFinder and SIP
- SaneBox (54:45)
- NETGEAR Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switch Series (58:46)
- TextExpander (1:08:22)
- DriveDx (1:11:02)
- SIP Prevents File Deletion (1:12:49)
- How to use the keyboard as a trackpad on your iPhone 6s (1:15:01)
- SmartDraw (1:20:45)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.