600 Episodes and (almost) 11 years of podcasting hasn't stopped John F. Braun and Dave Hamilton from answering your questions and solving your problems. That continues with this episode, sharing tips about iCloud login issues, answering questions about Double NAT, Fusion Drives, and downloading iTunes purchases. They help manage your backups and sort out your default mail. And THEN they peer into their crystal balls for the future, just for fun.
MGG 600: Dave & John's Crystal Balls
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Compare credit card extended product warranties (2:49)
- Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance. (5:47)
- Two-factor authentication for Apple ID (7:58)
- OS X El Capitan: Set the date and time on your Mac (8:42)
- HooToo HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB (15:00)
- NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (17:13)
- ‘Other’ storage on your iPhone and iPad explained (25:07)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 and later), iMac (Late 2012 and later): About Fusion Drive (31:39)
- Mac mini Tech Specs (39:39)
- Double Trouble: How to Deal with Double NAT on Your Network (42:34)
- Download your past purchases (50:47)
- Carbon Copy Cloner (53:59)
- Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac
- Set the default email app and web browser on your Mac (58:39)
- OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan, Changing the Default Mail Client
- What is MoCA? (via TiVo) (1:05:04)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.