Several of your fellow listeners are ingenious folks, having come up with some clever solutions to tricky problems. Join Dave & John as we all learn how to backup and restore your OS X text substitution preferences, use AirFoil to cusomitze your Mac's audio, restore Snow Leopard's zoom and scroll functionality to El Capitan, fix a wet iPhone 6s and more. The show is chock full today, and you're all to thank for it. Plus, Dave and John answer your questions, too!
MGG 602: If You Could See What These Eyes Have Seen
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Backup and Restore OS X Text Substitutions on Your Mac (3:38)
- AirFoil (7:41)
- Audio Hijack
- Better Touch Tool (11:25)
- OS X: About the Accessibility Options shortcut
- iPhone Owner's Guide - What to Do If Your iPhone Gets Wet (via Gazelle) (16:18)
- Carbon Copy Cloner’s Excluded Files (20:33)
- About cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (38:25)
- Apple Support - Any way to disable "Use Relative Dates" everywhere in Finder? (42:04)
- .DS_Store (46:22)
- Why does a .DS_Store file keep appearing on the desktop?
- What is the difference between the Intel core i5 and the Intel core M (in the new MacBook)? Which is better? (49:59)
- Trusted Computing
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.