John and Dave... Dave and John... are here, helping you solve all your Mac problems by answering your questions, sharing tips, finding Cool Stuff (and sharing that, too), and much, much more. Topics covered today include making Photo Stream friendlier, managing your clones (both local and network), troubleshooting FireWire disks, and fixing that pesky menu bar clock when it stops ticking. All this and more on this week's episode of Mac Geek Gab! Download today and enjoy!
MGG 429: A Mac Geek Gab Festivus!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Photo Stream
- iCloud : Photo Stream FAQ
- Sonnett FW800 to FW400 converter
- Newer Tech Universal Drive Adapter
- Hardware Growler
- iStat Menus
- Handle growing SystemUIServer memory usage
- Sonos 3.8.3 update - Allows streaming from iOS-based audio
- Sonos Play:3
- sudo pmset hibernate 0 (disables hibernation)
- Fink Commander
- Citizen Proximity
- Screen Flow
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Snapz Pro X
- NationStates Geeks Unite Region for all MGGers
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).