This week a series of seemingly unrelated questions came in all with issues related to bad hardware... or at least seems so on the surface before your two favorite Mac Geeks dissect them and help get to the answer! Then John and Dave have some follow-ups from recent shows discussing screen sharing and DVD ripping. All this and more in episode 213! Subscribe today for free!
MGG 213: When Hardware Acts Bad But Isn't... Is it?
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- Dave's Interview on Fox Business (be patient waiting for it to download and seek right to Dave's segment)
- SILK – Super Wideband Audio Codec
- John's First Mac Roundtable Episode
- Peripheral Vision (last release)
- FireWire (IEEE1394) bus interface pinout
- Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck
- Startup Manager: How to select a startup volume
- Macintosh Family: Batteries and Part Numbers, Part 2
- Macintosh Family: Batteries and Part Numbers
- Apple Contact Info (ask for Customer Relations for tough issues)
- 360 Video
- iShowU HD & HD Pro
- Mac OS X: Do not remove or modify SyncServices folder
- Tuning Adapter for TiVo HD DVRs (via Cablevision/Optimum)
- Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter (pdf)
- Switched Digital Video
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston.