The topics of this week's episode are wide-ranging, including how to deal with the large files created by Mac OS X's unix underpinnings, preparing a bit for Snow Leopard, digging deeper into Time Machine, and John, Dave and Michael all installed SSD drives over the weekend. Subscribe today for free and never miss another episode!
MGG 215: Meaty, Beaty, Big Mac Files
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac OS X 10.5 Help - Preventing information in memory from being read (secure virtual memory)
- Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation
- FIPS 140-2
- Apple Store Refurbished Mac Section
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Moore's Law
- Set newer portable Macs' sleep mode (includes sleepimage)
- Identify causes of large Time Machine backups (via Macworld)
- Order of magnitude
- Mac OS X: Troubleshooting a cable modem, DSL, or LAN Internet connection (includes Set Service Order)
- RunCore SSD
- SolidGO ExpressCard 34 Ultra SSD with Mini USB 2.0
- Intel Issues SSD Firmware Fix for Data Corruption
- Polot Pete's 15" MacBook Pro is for sale
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston.