John and Dave have put together a fantastic show for you this week. They talk about how to verify Time Machine backups, managing swap — and sleep — files on your Mac, how and why to create a new user test account, checking your power consumption, how to use multiple sets of speakers simultaneously, throttling bandwidth on your (or someone else’s Mac) and lots lots more. Download today for free and enjoy!
MGG 285: Time Machine, Swap Files, Test Accounts, More
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Time Machine: About “Time Machine completed a verification of your backups. To improve reliability, Time Machine must create a new backup for you.”
- How to disable virtual memory / swap files
- MC Hammer - U Can’t Touch This
- About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X
- iStat Menus
- PRAM Battery Replacement Articles (via iFixit)
- Bandwidth throttling in OS X
- Throttled Pro
- APC ProtectNet
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).