Dave and John come together for March’s second Premium show to answer a burning question: Will my Mac run Lion? They also dig through a few (unrelated but coincidental) questions about both SSD and RAM needs, answer a question about ejecting a pesky DVD from your Mac, what it means to get a CTO Mac repaired, dealing with yet more duplicates in Aperture, and more. Subscribe today, it’s US$25, you get two extra episodes per month, and you can support your two favorite geeks!
A note: though Premium, John and Dave pushed the entire contents of this episode out to the main feed as a gesture to all their loyal subscribers. Subscribe to the free feed today, and enjoy!
MGG 321: Will My Mac Run Lion? Also SSD, RAM, & More!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- TiVo App for iPad
- What’s New in Mac OS X Lion
- Mac OS X v10.6: Macs that use the 64-bit kernel
- Mac OS X v10.6: Starting up with the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel
- Reader Tip: Run Lion 10.7 Developer Preview on Unsupported Core Duo Macs
- Startup Mode Selector
- Topic : iCal Icon in Dock shows wrong date with Snow Leopard
- Aperture 3 - Understanding Badge Overlays
- Tidy Up!
- Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck
- Drive Genius
- Disk Warrior
- How To: Seagate Momentus XT firmware update SD24 on MacBook Pro
- Apple Tech Specs
- OWC Memory
- Crucial Mac System Scanner
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).