With all of you listeners keeping their mailboxes full, John and Dave have packed another fantastic show together for you. This one answers questions about two recent security threats, then moves on to helping you and your listening brethren with Mail.app rules, spinning disks, kernel extensions, migration assistant and more. Some great gems in Cool Stuff Found this week, too. Download and listen today. You’ll enjoy, for sure. Almost six years later and your two favorite geeks are going stronger than ever!
MGG 329: Mail Rules, Security, Migration, Malware & More
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Change the Admin Password with Mac OS X Single User Mode
- Setting up firmware password protection in Mac OS X
- Want to Secure Your Data Across Platforms? Check out TrueCrypt!
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption
- Mac OS X 10.6 Help - About FileVault
- New MACDefender malware discovered for OS X
- Mail Act-On
- About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X
- Startup Mode Selector
- Snow Leopard Performance
- Physical Address Extension
- How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac
- New iMac, MacBook Pro Support Thunderbolt Booting
- Mac OS X v10.6: About Wake on Demand
- WoL (Wake on LAN) through NAT
- Wake my PC remotely
- iNet WOL
- ETR9330 300Mbps Wireless N Travel Router
- Fisheye, Macro, and Wide Angle Camera Phone Lenses
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).