Today’s Premium episode — and July’s last — starts off with some great Mac tips that your fellow listeners have sent in. How to restore battery life, how to revert Lion’s text replacements, validating your backup routine, AppleCare start dates, and more are covered. Then it’s on to John F. Braun and Dave Hamilton answering your questions. Topics covered here include diagnosing over-running fans in your Mac, iPod nano’s FM radio, 64-bits and Lion, and more. Subscribe to Mac Geek Gab today — it’s just US$25 for 6 months — and you’ll get this episode immediately!
MGG 344: An Appetizer of Tips with an Entrée of Answers
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Burning a Lion Boot Disc
- Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks
- Spotlight: How to re-index folders or volumes
- 10.6: Verify Time Machine Backups
- Data Backup 3
- Retrospect for Macintosh
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Startup Manager: How to select a startup volume
- Mac OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?
- Hardware Warranties
- Snow Leopard Performance (32-bit versus 64-bit)
- HD Radio
- Music Genome Project
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).