Dave and John kick off August with an absolutely overflowing mailbag. Today’s show kicks off with a healthy serving of tips, including solving a frozen mouse and keyboard, reducing the size of PDFs without killing their quality, and a note from an Apple Genius clarifying more about how they choose who to service and when. Then it’s on to your two favorite geeks answering questions about software updates, restoring Address Book backups from Time Machine, solving a few Mail.app issues, and how to install Lion on some unsupported Macs. Cool Stuff Found is thrown in for good measure, and your geeks cover it all! Download today and enjoy.
MGG 345: Mail, Time Machine, Lion, Tips, and More
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Kill the Dock to possibly resolve issues
- Reducing PDF file size with a Quartz filter
- DOCSIS cable modem status page
- Install the Java runtime (JRE) | Mac OS 10.7 Lion
- Four Lion Terminal hacks
- How to manage Safari’s Top Sites
- Mac OS X Lion *does* run on Core Duos/Core Solos
- Startup Mode Selector
- Mail Act-On
- Signature Profiler
- Time Machine Editor
- Toddy Smart Cloth
- Digital Innovations Screen Dr. 5 Oz Screen Cleaner with Cloth
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).