Today’s show features your two favorite geeks, Dave Hamilton & John F. Braun, first sharing some tips about managing your iCloud backups (and how to exclude items from them) and seeing — and controlling — which graphics card your Mac uses. Then it’s on to ansewring listener questions about manipulating hidden startup items, iWeb hosting alternatives, battery issues and much, much more. Support your two favorite geeks’ efforts and subscribe to Premium today! It’s just US$25 for 6 months, getting you two extra episodes permonth. Subscribe, download, press play and enjoy.
MGG 376: Managing iCloud Backups, Graphics Cards, Batteries, & LaunchAgents
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Cirque du Mac 9 Scheduled for Friday, January 27 at Macworld | iWorld
- How to Manage Data Backups with iOS 5 and iCloud
- MobileMe to iCloud Transition Gives You 25GB Storage Until June 30th, 2012
- /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (may contain .crash,.shutdownStall,.hang,.spin reports)
- /Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchDaemons, ~/Library/LaunchAgents, ~/Library/LaunchDaemons (location of launchd .plist files)
- Ten ways to replace iWeb and MobileMe hosting
- Pair Networks
- The Karelia iMedia Browser
- Dymo CardScan Personal
- Business Card Reader
- Spanning Tools for Mac
- Zoom It
- Mac 101: QuickTime Player
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).