John and Dave are here with April’s first Premium Mac Geek Gab episode, and it’s one you won’t want to miss. Following up on a previous show, they start by discussing an automated solution for keeping your disks mounted, then share some juicy details about how QuickTime processes plugins on your Mac. A few additional tips are shared and then it’s off to the mailbag chock full of your questions. Learn how to tame Address Book and its crazy groups, follow along with the geeks as they explain the difference between bad blocks and file system corruption, learn about Inactive vs. Free memory and much, much more. Download today, support your two favorite geeks, and enjoy!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mount Watcher for Mac OS X
- Flip4Mac WMV
- OS X 10.7 Lion: WMV files only show black video in Lion’s QuickTime X 10.1 Player.
- /Library/QuickTime and ~/Library/QuickTime (location of QuickTime components)
- VLC Media Player
- Dropbox referrals are now twice as nice!
- Read this first! — Camera Upload & Bonus Space FAQ
- Mac 101: Address Book
- Monitor Your Hard Drive With Drive Pulse®
- Momentus® XT Solid State Hybrid Drives
- Address Book distribution list editor disabled by iCloud
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).