AT&T is trying to stop an FTC lawsuit over throttling unlimited data speed throttling by claiming it's a common carrier while at the same time telling the FCC it isn't. Bryan Chaffin and Kelly Guimont join Jeff Gamet to talk about AT&T's efforts to block government oversight, and Kelly gets some validation for her idea that Apple TV would make a great HomeKit home automation hub.
TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-12: AT&T Data Throttling, Apple TV HomeKit Hub
- AT&T to FTC: We Can Throttle Data, and You Can't Stop Us
- Obama Calls for Net Neutrality, GOP Attacks Plan as 'Obamacare for Internet'
- AT&T Stops Fiber Upgrade Over Net Neutrality Fight
- FCC Chairman on Net Neutrality Rules: We're Going to get Sued
- Apple TV, the Ideal Hub for HomeKit Automation
- Twitter feed