Netflix is changing up how it encodes video to reduce its streaming bandwidth usage by 20 percent. Bryan Chaffin and John Martellaro join Jeff Gamet to to debate whether or not Netflix is doing the right thing or splintering streaming video standards, plus Bryan has a great tip for troubleshooting your email configuration in Apple's Mail app.
TMO Daily Observations 2015-12-15: Netflix's Streaming Video Changes, Mail Settings Lookup
- Netflix Tackles Bandwidth Caps with More Efficient Video Encoding System
- How Netflix is Delivering Better Video with Less Bandwidth
- Check Your Email Settings with Apple’s Mail Settings Lookup
- Jeff's January 12 Podcasting class discount code: JeffGametPod011216
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Daily Observations Twitter feed