Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #94: Clean-up, Optimize, and Tweak Your Mac With The Geeks
by , 10:30 PM EST, March 5th, 2007
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For February 25, 2007
Cleaning up, understanding, and tweaking your Mac are the topics discussed in today's show. Strap in and get ready for blast-off on this wild ride with John and Dave!
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Memory leak
- Opening items automatically when you log in
- How to Start up in Single-User or Verbose Mode
- DivX for Mac
- Quickly determine which active apps are universal
- Easy way to delete preference panes
- UNIX "du" (disk usage) command
- .Mac Sync
- Force Spotlight to reindex a drive
- DiskWarrior 4
- Drive Genius
- Disable SWAP on Mac OS X
- Mac OS X Maintenance Scripts
- Synk Backup
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps
- 5:20 PM
- Ingrein ‘Smartclock’ Shows Important Notifications to Help You Detach from Your Screen
- 5:04 PM
- IKlip A/V Broadcast Mount for iPhone
- 4:53 PM
- G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox: $79.99
- 1:53 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-22: Listeners Comment on Concert iPhone Bans, APFS
- 11:39 AM
- Holy Crap! Darth Vader is in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story