Development for HopStop for Windows Phone has been canceled in the wake of the company's reported purchase by Apple. AllThingsD reported that the app, which was available as recently as last week, is showing up as "no longer being published" on Microsoft's Windows Phone Marketplace, as shown in the image below. For those who already downloaded it on Windows Phone, launching it gets an alert that the Windows platform is no longer supported. This usually happens with existing apps and services when Apple purchases a company. HopStop is a mapping service offering pedestrian routes in major metropolitan markets.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch