Development for HopStop for Windows Phone has been canceled in the wake of the company's reported purchase by Apple. AllThingsD reported that the app, which was available as recently as last week, is showing up as "no longer being published" on Microsoft's Windows Phone Marketplace, as shown in the image below. For those who already downloaded it on Windows Phone, launching it gets an alert that the Windows platform is no longer supported. This usually happens with existing apps and services when Apple purchases a company. HopStop is a mapping service offering pedestrian routes in major metropolitan markets.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi