PowerPractical has launched the PowerPot X, a 10 watt version of the company's portable charging technology, on Kickstarter. PowerPot X is designed to sit on a fire—be it a camp fire or a gas-powered flame—and turn that heat energy into electricity you can use to charge your mobile devices, and it does it without any moving parts. Cool, right? For outdoorsy folks or anyone prepping for bad weather, the PowerPot line is one of several alternative-energy solutions coming to market to address portable charging, and I like this one because it harnesses energy that is usually otherwise wasted. There are a ton of funding options available, and the company is already very close to its goals, but funding will still get you a discount on a unit when it ships. The video below contains too much back-story, but at the two minute mark, they get to the new model they're working on.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups
- The Depressing Gap Between Apple and the U.S. Federal Government is Widening
- OS X: Why You Need a Hard Drive Clone
- Apple’s New MacBook: Great for Some (But Not All)
- Apple Wants $15M from Patent Troll for Frivolous Lawsuit