Mac Geek Gab #117: Trash, Migration and Applescript
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For Monday, August 27th, 2007
John and Dave answer your questions, solve your problems, share your tips, and more!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine 5 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Ensure 'Ignore Ownership' is not enabled on backup drives
- Disk Warrior
- Understanding UNIX permissions and chmod
- Powermac G4 (Yikes!)
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Western Digital External Drives (includes My Book)
- Airport Extreme
- Airport Extreme - Sharing
- AirPort Extreme (802.11n): USB storage device supported formats and protocols
- AirPort Extreme (802.11n): USB volume does not appear in Airport Disk Utility, or appears with an unexpected name
- Airdisk disappearing act (via Apple Discussions)
- Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4: Transferring data with Setup Assistant / Migration Assistant FAQ
- Experimenting With Light On Apple Notebook Computers
- Macbook Pro Review (with comment on ambient light sensor)
- Google Browser Sync for Firefox
- A Tutorial Introduction to SQLite3 - a Simple Database Engine
- iPhone Refurbs for $100 off!
- Podcast and New Media Expo
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.