Mac Geek Gab #130: Sync, Sync, Sync, and More!
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Monday, December 3rd, 2007
Direct Links: MP3 Version (unfortunately there's no AAC version available this week, folks -- the MP3 will be posted to the AAC feed).
The mailbox was overflowing with items related to .Mac, iSync, and more, so that's what this weeks' show focuses on. Subscribe and listen to John and Dave solve your problems and share your tips!
Sponsor: DiscLabel: With DiscLabel from SmileOnMyMac you can create, print, & share CD labels, jewel case inserts, and DVD covers that look truly professional.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- .Mac Sync: Do not unregister the ".Mac Sync Engine"
- .Mac Sync Engine in the "Registered Computer" column
- How to reset .Mac Sync
- iSync 2: Reset Sync History enables calendar and contact syncing
- I could have been a contender
- Customize Your Keyboard Shortcuts
- Choosing preferred AirPort networks
- Wake my PC remotely
- WoL (Wake on LAN) through NAT
- Win Tickets to Cirque du Mac 5.0 and Party with the All-Stars
- Stay at Hotel Milano for Macworld Expo with TMO's Discount!
- Mac OS X Leopard
- Dave's "Running Your Mac Lean, Clean, and Mean" session at MWSF08
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.