Mac Geek Gab #133: System Updates, iPhoto Import, Router Issues and Santa
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For Monday, December 24th, 2007
Christmas Eve finds John and Dave talking about System Updates, resolving issues with iPhoto imports, diagnosing a flaky router, and tracking Santa! Subscribe (for free!), download, and enjoy!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Sponsor: 20MacApps: One brand new application every two weeks for forty weeks, plus free Billy Frontier - get all 20 apps for the price of 2 if you pre-order today.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Hannah Montana
- TUAW Tip: Getting out of Setup Assistant hell
- Mac OS X 10.5: Setup Assistant appears after every restart
- Apple Support Downloads
- Setting up firmware password protection in Mac OS X
- Mac OS X: How to create a password-protected (encrypted) disk image
- iPhoto dB File Backup
- iPhoto 4 or later: Rebuilding the iPhoto Library
- iPhoto Library Manager
- iPhoto and importing large numbers of images
- MAC address
- NORAD Tracks Santa
- Win Tickets to Cirque du Mac 5.0 and Party with the All-Stars
- Dave's "Running Your Mac Lean, Clean, and Mean" session at MWSF08
- Mac OS X Leopard
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.