We are looking for additional writers to provide news coverage for our site. We cover news, how-tos, and product information related to Apple and the broader tech industry. The ideal candidate will be a longtime user and fan of Apple products, already follow Apple news closely, and be familiar with The Mac Observer.
Writers are expected to independently research stories and provide an objective summary on those topics while matching the site’s established writing style. Writers are also expected to write tips, guides, how-tos, and troubleshooting steps. Overall, writers are expected to provide quality, Apple-related content that interests our readers.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about Apple products
- Be a regular Mac Observer reader
- Be able to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Be able to produce well-written and well–searched news and articles.
- Have exceptional English writing and self-editing skills
- Be able to match our existing writing style
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Have prior online writing experience
- Be a team player and be ethical
This position will be freelance (paid per article) to start.
To apply, please send the following to [email protected] with “MacObserver Writer Position” as the email subject:
- A brief “cover letter” in the body of the email to introduce yourself and describe why you’re interested in writing for The Mac Observer, the hours of your availability to write for us, and your location.
- Links to any existing online articles on technology you have already written, if available.
- One original (not previously published anywhere else) article of 200 to 300 words on a topic we would normally cover (or have already covered) attached as a PDF document.
- A resume/CV.