The Sims 3: Ambitions from Electronic Arts hit the App Store Thursday. The newest expansion of the people simulator is designed for iPhone and iPod touch, and works on the iPad in compatibility mode. It adds several new features, including Career Mode, Build Mode, the ability to import and expoert from other Sims game, and the most important feature, Babies.
From the App Store’s release notes:
- THE MOST AMBITIOUS EXPERIENCE OF THE SIMS ON THE APP STORE! Now your Sims can turn passions into professions…Build dream homes or businesses…Even have BABIES! Get everything you love about The Sims and more from this all-new member of The Sims family of games for iPhone & iPod touch.
- CAREER MODE! MAKE A DREAM A DESTINY
For the first time ever on iPhone & iPod touch, turn your Sims’ hobbies into fulfilling jobs. Will your Sim become a Firefighter? Rock Star? Artist? Teacher? Chef? Sports Star? Get down to business with new career-oriented goals, mini-games, outfits, and locations. Follow your Sims to work and see them get happier as they make their dreams come true.
- BUILD MODE! CREATE A DREAM HOME OR BUILD UP A BUSINESS
Think big with the improved and expanded Build Mode feature. Resize, add, or delete rooms, floors, walls, doors, and windows as you make a new home for your success-driven Sim. Buy and sell furniture and objects. And now you can also build workplaces like a Bistro, a Preschool, or a Night Club for your musical Sim to rock.
- BABIES! WHAT YOU’VE BEEN WISHING FOR!
Your most requested feature is here! For the first time on iPhone & iPod touch, your Sims can have babies! Feed them, play with them, and put them to bed! Watch Sims babies become Sims toddlers. Take them to the park, play hide-and-seek, or give them a little cuddle. Having Sims children changes everything!
- IMPORT & EXPORT BETWEEN OTHER SIMS GAMES FOR iPHONE & iPOD
Bring in your favorite Sims from The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 World Adventures for iPhone & iPod touch. Give them the chance to pursue their dreams, too!
The title is priced at US$9.99, and is available now on the App Store.
The Sims 3: Ambitions Screenshot