Cool Stuff Found returns for a segment, but that still leaves time to prep you for El Capitan's release this week. What are your geek's favorite features in the upcoming OS update? Listen to find out that and some tips for installing, too. Then it's on to your questions, including diagnosing some connection dropouts and advice for a new drive. Listen today!
MGG 572: Cool Stuff Found, El Capitan Tips, Networks & More
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing.
Sponsor: Crucial: Crucial memory and SSDs are the fastest, easiest ways to increase your Mac® system’s performance. Boot up almost instantly, load apps faster, and multitask seamlessly with a Crucial upgrade.
Sponsor: Bushel: Bushel is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod devices in your workplace. It¹s designed to make the complex tasks simple, so you can focus on what matters most. Visit bushel.com/mgg for 3 free devices for life.
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your first order. Also Tweet your SquareSpace-created site to @MacGeekGab with the hashtag of #squarespaceshoutout and we'll retweet it to everyone we know!
Note: Shownotes are in complete!
- OS X El Capitan (2:00)
- Create a bootable installer for OS X Mavericks or Yosemite (and we presume El Capitan) (4:58)
- DiskMaker X (Now rockin' El Capitan.)
- El Capitan : Split View
- El Capitan : Other Features (includes Find your cursor) \
- El Capitan : Spotlight
- El Capitan : Notes
- Disable System Integrity Protection
- Default Folder X and El Capitan
- BinaryAge - Update on System Integrity Protection in El Capitan, OSX 10.11
- iStatus Menus Version History
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-08-26: Best Buy’s Apple Watch Sales, OS X El Capitan Permissions
- iPhone 6s (19:00)
- Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad
- Apple Pay
- 3D Touch
- Anker Tempered Glass Shield
- Usage tips for the Leopard media browser (43:14)
- Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (44:45)
- Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling
- iOS 9: The Difference Between Wi-Fi Calling & Wi-Fi Assist Explained
- Ready Player One (56:26)
- OWN ThunderBay 4 RAID with SoftRAID 5 (1:02:07)
- Should You Leave Your Laptop Plugged in All the Time? (1:05:00)
- Fruit Juice
- Password Advice from Allison Sheridan (1:07:18)
- SunJack - Portable Solar Charger 14 W (1:09:23)
- About Find My Friends (1:11:06)
- AT&T Consumer Device Unlock Portal (1:13:11)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.