Restoring lost contacts, signing onto websites with Facebook, cloning drives, troubleshooting external enclosures and learning about the behind-the-scenes of junk mail filtering are just some of the topics discussed by your two favorite geeks today. Download and enjoy!
MGG 581: Hints and Allegations for Cyber Monday
Sponsor: Crucial: Crucial memory and SSDs are the fastest, easiest ways to increase your Mac® system’s performance. Boot up almost instantly, load apps faster, and multitask seamlessly with a Crucial upgrade.
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing. Coupon code MGG saves you 20%!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Cyber Monday
- Add an IP Address and OS Version Display to the OS X Login Page (2:39)
- Maintenance (4:06)
- OS X: About Gatekeeper
- Optimize Your WiFi Network to Stream Music Over AirPlay (10:01)
- GIMP (11:59)
- Camera Plus Pro (13:34)
- Hazel (15:46)
- Exchangeable Image File Format (EXIF)
- iTunes Card Deals
- Sonos comes to Apple Music
- Mac Basics : The Finder (21:12)
- Force an app to close on your Mac
- How to Quit & Force Quit Apps from Dock Icons in Mac OS X
- Restart the Finder in Mac OS X
- Get help using iCloud Contacts (33:05)
- Contacts: Export and import your contacts
- iMazing to restore from a stuck iPhone
- Add Facebook Login to Your App or Website (46:08)
- Check your Twitter account’s allowed services
- Check your Facebook account’s allowed services
- SuperDuper! (56:46)
- HardwareGrowler (1:06:47)
- OWC’s Voyager
- Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch (1:15:08)
- iCloud: Why am I getting junk mail (spam)? (1:17:34)
- iCloud: Identifying and filtering junk mail
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.