2016 is the Year of the Router (as crowned by John and Dave), and this week's episode includes some discussion about exactly how to choose the best router for your setup... especially if you're a geek. Bluetooth devices, too, are ubiquitous among us, and a few listeners are having trouble with theirs so John and Dave take to the mailbag to answer those questions, too. Plus, the entire episode begins with Cool Stuff Found. It's guaranteed to be entertaining and informative from beginning to end. That's infotainment, folks!
MGG 598: Cool Stuff Found and Wi-Fi Geekiness
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Easter (2:01)
- BatchGeo (4:00)
- MailtoSelf (5:11)
- Colossus (8:23)
- SizeUp (9:22)
- Think Broadband’s Uptime Monitoring (10:17)
- Synology Adds Native OS X Finder Searches and Offline iOS Video Transcoding with DSM6
- HANDL Case (16:41)
- RhinoShield Case (17:42)
- Enable Wi-Fi Calling on your other devices (18:45)"
- Verizon Wi-Fi Calling FAQs
- iStumbler (33:29)
- 5 GHz Channel Distribution
- Netspot Site Survey
- Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac
- Airtime Fairness
- AirPort Extreme 802.11ac (52:52)
- AirPort Utility software and firmware downloads
- NETGEAR R8500 - Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router (1:00:25)
- Synology RT1900ac Wi-Fi Router
- TP-Link bows to the FCC
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.