Andrew Stone is the founder of Stone Design, a company that has been enormously successful with apps like Create, iMaginator, Videator and, recently, the gigantic Twitter client hit Twittelator. Andrew tells the story of how he was first inspired by Star Trek, Apple's Bill Atkinson in 1987 then Steve Jobs. This interview is full of anecdotes about how Andrew hitched his star to Steve Jobs, NeXT, then Apple's iOS, never looked back and was richly rewarded. Will Shipley has described Andrew as "The Godfather of the Indie developers." Anyone who's thinking about becoming (or flourishing as) an app developer will find Andrew's story fascinating and inspiring.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Andrew Stone From Stone Design
- Stone Design Corp.
- Andrew's writings. There is some fascinating history here about Steve Jobs and NeXT.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- The background on the new Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]