Dr. Ethan Siegel has a Ph.D. in astrophysics, is an educator at Lewis and Clark College, and is a prolific writer about all things astronomy and cosmology. In college he had a triple major, one of which was astrophysics, but he still wasn't sure what he wanted to do in his career. It was only later when he was teaching physics in highschool that he awakened to his passion for learning astrophysics. Carl Sagan's Cosmos series on TV also had a major impact on him, and all that led eventually to a Ph.D. in astrophysics. Then, we talked about laser astronomy with adaptive optics, gravitational waves, quantum entanglement and possible hidden mysteries of quantum mechanics. Those who love—or are considering a career in—astrophysics will want to hear this story about Ethan's career.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Astrophysicist Dr. Ethan Siegel
- Ethan on Twitter.
- Ethan's new book: Beyond the Galaxy.
- Ethan's astrophysics blog at Forbes.
- Ethan at ScienceBlogs.
- "This Laser System Foreshadows A New Era In Ground-Based Astronomy"
- Gravitational Waves Will Show The Quantum Nature Of Reality.
- Ask Ethan: Can We Use Quantum Entanglement To Communicate Faster-Than-Light?
- Related Articles of Interest
- From Quanta Magazine: New Support for Alternative Quantum View
- From Tech Times: NASA May Have Accidentally Discovered Faster-Than-Light Travel
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org