Michael Simmons is the founder of Flexibits, famous for the award winning Fantastical apps for Mac and iOS. In his youth, Michael got his start as a fan of video games on the Commodore 64 and the Amiga. He was intrigued by what was different, better, surprising and delightful. In college, it was communication and film school, and he became interested in something closely related: story telling. That resulted in his first job in the video game industry. After that, there was a series of programming jobs culminating in his authorship of Data Rescue at ProSoft. His acquired expertise eventually resulted in the founding of Flexibits some 20 years after it all began. It's a classic case of inspiration and talent leading to starting his own software company. Michael, a great speaker, tells how it all happened.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Flexibits Founder Michael Simmons
- Michael on Twitter.
- Flexibits home page.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org