Kirk McElhearn is an expert technical journalist for all things Apple. He's known as "The iTunes Guy" and has a regular column at Macworld. His career started in France as a translator of technical material, and that led to his career as a writer. Kirk has written many books about the Mac as well as several "Take Control Books," including tutorials on iTunes, Audio Hijack and Scrivener. Kirk lives in the UK, and he loves Shakespearean plays and classical music. Clearly this is a man after my own heart. We've followed each other for years, and so I was eager to interview him. In the second half of the show, we both have some rather sharp observations about iTunes that you won't want to miss.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Freelance Journalist and Macworld Sr. Contributor Kirk McElhearn
- Kirkville Blog
- The iTunes Guy at Macworld.
- Macworld: "15 years of iTunes: A look at Apple’s media app and its influence on an industry"
- Take Control Books by Kirk McElhearn
- Kirk on Twitter.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on the new Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]