Bruce Horn started his career at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center working with the Smalltalk language and Alan Kay. That's where he was in the early 1980s when Steve Jobs visited PARC to take a look at their Xerox Star, and Bruce was there watching Mr. Jobs react to the demo of this magical research computer with revolutionary new features: a mouse, windows and file icons. Soon after, Mr. Jobs recruited Bruce to work on the original Macintosh team along with Andy Hertzfeld and others. I asked Bruce to talk about the challenges of designing the original Mac operating system. Later in the show, we talk about some exciting projects that Bruce is working on at Intel. Take a trip down Macintosh memory lane with me in this interview.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Dr. Bruce Horn
- Bruce's Bio page at Intel.
- The Xerox Star
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]