Jan Dawson is the Chief Analyst with Jackdaw Research. He writes prolifically about Apple and the other tech giants in his research reports. Jan also contributes to other websites such as techpinions.com. For the past 13 years, Jan has conducted industry analysis and has worked with many of the world’s largest operators and online service providers to help them understand the market. Jan and I had a great discussion about the iPhone, investor concerns, the iPhone 6 "bump," the difficulties of quantifying certain intangibles about Apple and the prospects for the iPhone 7. We also explored Jan's notion that iOS is holding back the iPad Pro and his concept for a new iOS variation: "padOS." My final jackpot question was the nature of the competition between Apple and Google.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Jackdaw Research's Chief Analyst Jan Dawson
- Jan on Twitter
- Jackdaw Research
- About Jackdaw Research
- Jan's Blog: "Beyond Devices"
- The padOS concept
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com