Gene Munster is a Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, an investment bank in Minneapolis. One of his assignments is to research Apple and provide investment reports to clients. We started the show with Gene filling us in on his early life, and how he was obsessed with business. The youngest of four boys who were all technically oriented, Gene tells how technology and mathematics were a big part of growing up. In the second half of the show, Gene talks about how he does his job and the daily life of an analyst who also covers Google. We finish with his insights into the iPhone, Apple Watch and even the rumored Apple Car. Don't miss the part when I spring the question on Gene about how he came to believe Apple would build a TV set.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With PJC Sr. Research Analyst Gene Munster
- Gene's Bio page at Piper Jaffray.
- Contact Gene via email.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com