Greg Scown is the co-founder of Smile Software, well known for the essential OS X and iOS app TextExpander. Greg started his career as a computer science student at Stanford University. Having already interned with Apple, after graduation, Greg was offered a full-time job on campus. A few years later, that led to working for Apple in China, near Hong Kong, writing software. That's a pretty nifty background. Later, Greg would go on to start (along with Philip Goward) a very successful Silicon Valley company that now employs 18 people and makes award-winning products. Near the end of my interview, we chat about some of the interesting development issues associated with TextExpander, an app that other developers need to formally support before it will work. How does he do that?
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Smile Software’s Co-Founder Greg Scown
- Greg on Twitter
- Smile Software
- Smile's Blog
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org