Ken Case is the founder and CEO of The Omni Group, known for such Apple products as OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, and OminiOutliner. Early in his computing career, in the late 1980s, Ken was at the University of Washington computer center where he was a UNIX geek and system programmer. There, he was part of the university's NeXT computer lab. This iconic system was an exciting new UNIX platform, and Ken started learning Objective-C and creating apps. One thing led to another, and Ken's expertise with NeXTStep development and, later, Apple's acquisition of NeXT eventually led to the creation of The Omni Group. Listen in to hear Ken tell the story in his own words.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With the Omni Group's CEO Ken Case
- Ken on Twitter
- The Omni Group
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com