Tonya Engst is the Editor-in-chief and CFO of Tidbits Publishing as well as the publisher of Take Control Books. In our interview, Tonya takes us back to the beginning, her college days at Cornell University as a Communications major when she learned about Macs and desktop publishing with Aldus (later Adobe) PageMaker. Soon, she discovered that there was a need for people to learn more about their Macs. With her husband Adam, having moved to Seattle, they launched Tidbits in Hypercard format on Bulletin Board Systems. The breakout of the Internet meant converting all that Tidbits work to internet form. Soon, Tonya was writing books, and her expertise in electronic publishing naturally led to the Take Control Books that we all love today. It's the awesome story of Tonya's life journey into ePublishing.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Tidbits Publishing Editor-in-Chief Tonya Engst
- Tonya on Twitter.
- Tidbits - Apple news for the rest of us.
- Take Control Books.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]