Jacqui Cheng is the Editor-in-Chief of The Wirecutter. She tells the story of how she arrived there starting with her mom who was an early inspiration, introducing her to computers as a child. Later at Purdue University, she specialized in networking and programming, C# and C++. After graduation and web-database work in Cincinnati, she and her husband made a bold decision to move to Chicago—neither with a job offer—but also as Jacqui had started writing for ars technica. She became a major contributor starting in 2007, specializing in Apple & Internet law. In 2013, Brian Lam, the founder of Wirecutter brought Jacqui on as EIC. Listen in as Jacqui fills in all the details and also delves into modern day Apple with me.
TMO Background Mode: Interview With Wirecutter's Editor-in-Chief Jacqui Cheng
- Jacqui on Twitter.
- The Wirecutter.
- An Explanation of what The Wirecutter does.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Listing of all previous Background Mode shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]