Dave Hamilton co-founded both The Mac Observer and BackBeat Media, and he is producer and co-host of TMO’s Mac Geek Gab Podcast. He has worked in the computer industry since the early 1990s, doing time as a consultant, trainer, network engineer, webmaster, and programmer. He has worked on the Mac, all the various Windows flavors, BeOS, a few brands of Unix, and it is rumored he once saw an OS/2 machine in action. Before that he ran some of the earliest Bulletin Board Systems, but most of the charges have since been dropped, and not even the FBI requests that he check in more than twice a year. Dave's reachable for paid consulting at DaveTheNerd.com and you can find links to him on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ here, too.
Did you know Siri can record your voice and send that to someone? Did you know you could stream directly from Plex to Sonos? How about running your vacuum when you’re not home? These are the Quick Tips John and Dave share in the very first segment of the show… and then it grows from there! Your two favorite geeks help a few listeners solve their mesh Wi-Fi problems, the M1’s mouse-related memory leak gets a little clearer, and Mac mini wake-from-sleep issues are resolved…some of them, at least! Press play and enjoy learning at least five new things!
Apple recently announced-and-released the beta of their new MDM solution, Apple Business Essentials. Today we have Jeremy Butcher, Enterprise and Education Product Marketing Manager at Apple here to help us answer our questions about exactly what Apple Business Essentials can do for us and how it all works in a real-world setting. Press play and enjoy learning five new things about Apple Business Essentials!
A big part of keeping your computer running is troubleshooting the *right* things, and that’s not always easy to discern. It often requires opening all the wrong doors before you find the right one to pass through en route to your solution. Listen today as Dave and John share some troubleshooting tips about Dolby Atmos, AirPods, Notifications, Backing up iCloud Drive, the Terminal, and more. Of course, your two favorite geeks also share your (and their!) Quick Tips, Cool Stuff Found, and more. Press play and enjoy learning five new things together!
- Dissecting the Scene Explainer From 'Servant' Season Three Premiere Episode
- Tripp Mickle's Book 'After Steve' Covers Apple's Rise to Trillions
- Apple TV+ Makes 'The Afterparty' Premiere Episode Available on YouTube
- 'Deliveries' App Update Supports Shortcuts on macOS Monterey
- 'Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock' Guest Stars Ed Helms, Cynthia Erivo, Daveed Diggs Play Frictionary
- Apple Releases 'Unity Lights' Watch Face for Black History Month
iOS 15.1 Quick Tips from Mac Geek Gab 903:
1) Tell Siri To Stop Or Snooze Your Alarms
2) Use The People Album To Set Contact Photos
Learn how to empty the trash for good on your Mac in this quick tip from Mac Geek Gab 903.
Learn how to get a Number Pad on your iPhone instead of the Default Time Wheel in this Quick Tip from Mac Geek Gab 903!
Learn how to remove passwords from password protected PDFs in this quick tip from Mac Geek Gab 902.
- Security Stuff: Protecting Your Data and Staying Safe Online
- I'm Pretty Much a Doctor Now? — Mac Geek Gab 917
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- Quick Tips Galore! — Mac Geek Gab 915
- BBEdit and Shortcuts and You – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-21
- Gossip Factories and Other Manufacturing – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-22
QUICK TIP ALERT: For all you audiophiles out there, get better Apps Music quality with High Efficiency AAC in your iPhone settings.
Learn how in this mini-segment from Mac Geek Gab 902.