What's Different About Mexican Power? – Mac Geek Gab 804
Topic starter March 2, 2020 7:30 EST AM
Note: Shownotes are complete!.
- 0000 Mac Geek Gab 804 for Monday, March 2, 2020
- 0037 Ben-QT-Right-click on Column Separator Right Size Finder Columns
- 0030 Andrew-QT-Use Tab, Arrows, and Space Bar to navigate System Preferences
- 0015 QT-Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers
- 0031 Joe-QTR-Toggle Hidden files in the Finder with Cmd-Shift-.
- 0019 Brother J-Return of the Startup Chime!
sudo nvram StartupMute=%00
- TinkerTool System 6
- 0052 2011 MacBook Air wouldn’t power on in Mexico!
- 0001 SPONSOR: Mack Weldon. Better than whatever you’re wearing right now, Mack Weldon is a premium men’s essentials brand that believes in smart design and premium fabrics. Use
MGGat checkout for 20% off your first order.
- 0004 SPONSOR: TextExpander: TextExpander helps you communicate smarter. Create snippets for things you type – or copy and paste – all the time. Get 20% off your first year’s subscription at TextExpander.com/podcast.
- 0059 John’s New i7-based 2018 Mac mini
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 to ThunderBolt 3 Adapter
- ORICO 2.5 inch Type-C Hard Drive Enclosure (not bad for the price, will negotiate 10 Gbps with right cable)
- Scosche StrikeLine USB-C (cable offers both high power and high speed)
- USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Adapter Cable for 2.5” SATA Drives - USB-C (Like a SATA drive enclosure that’s not an enclosure)
- Anker 5Gbps USB-C to USB-A SuperSpeed Cable (US$10.99)
- 0059 Anker PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C Hub – Thunderbolt-passing USB-C hub
- 0048 Battery-powered MacBook (Air?) Only lets first device be Thunderbolt
- 0026 SPONSOR: ExpressVPN - To watch shows only available in other countries and find out how you can get 3 months free, go to ExpressVPN.com/MGG
- 0027 Jim-Using different iCloud accounts for Family Purchases
- 0045 David-Photo Backup
- 0011 John-iCloud won't sync
- 0148 This Week’s MGG Premium Contributors:
- Juergen from Weil der Stadt, Matthias from Rheineck, Russell from Jeffersonton, William J., Wesson G., Mark from Centennial, Allen from Montgomery, Stuart M., Michael from Spencer, John from Henrico, Michael from Britsol, Kirschen S., Fernando from Cincinnati, Martijn B., Peter from Peterborough, Jonathan C., Matthew from Forked River, David from Mt. Prospect, Stephen from Plainfield, Carsten from Madison.
- 0124 Chris-Siri Shortcuts vs. AppleScript and Automator
- 0142 Carsten-Best way to run Catalina on Unsupported Mac?
- 0158 Tim-Activate Smart Switch upon Application Launch
- 0145 John-Boot 2019 iMac with 2017 Clone?
- 0157 Nick-800-Connecting to a user account on external, encrypted drive
- 0133 Rob-801-Split iOS Volume even further
- 0149 MGG 804 Outtro
This topic was modified 2 years ago by John F. Braun