Apple Podcast Subscriptions
In-app subscriptions lets podcasters release paid content, or free shows with certain episodes just for subscribers. These subscriptions are ad-free. Per Apple’s webpage:
With Apple Podcasts Subscriptions, you receive 70% of the subscription price at each billing cycle, minus applicable taxes. After a subscriber accumulates one year of paid service, your net revenue increases to 85% of the subscription price, minus applicable taxes. Your other podcast revenue — including any ads — will stay 100% yours.
How to Sign Up
If you have administrator privileges for your podcast, you can add a subscription to a channel by following these steps:
- Sign in to Apple Podcasts Connect. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one.
- Join the Apple Podcasters Program. You can sign up for the program on your Account page.
- Complete the Apple Podcasters Program agreement. You’ll need to sign this agreement if you want to sell subscriptions and receive payments from Apple.
- Set up your show for a subscription. Add subscriber audio or create a show in Apple Podcasts Connect with subscriber audio.
- Create a channel. You’ll need to create a channel before you can add a subscription. To do that, go to the Podcasts page, click +, then select New Channel.