David “Doc” Searls is a book author, consultant, and Senior Editor at The Linux Journal. Doc was inspired by a high school teacher who thought he could write well and encouraged him. Doc, who was already thinking about journalism, started his career as a reporter and photographer at a small newspaper. Early on, he also worked at a university radio station where, he earned the name “Doc.” That in turn, led to the founding of a successful ad agency. Today, Doc is an Alumnus fellow of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University and a Fellow at the Center for Information Technology & Society at UC Santa Barbara. He continues his work as a book author focusing on consumers and markets. Doc’s career is rich and distinguished, and he shared some great stories with me.
TMO Background Mode Interview with Author and Linux Journal Sr. Editor Doc Searls
My Background Mode interview with Doc Searls
- Doc on Twitter.
- About Doc.
- Doc’s blog.
- Book: The Cluetrain Manifesto (2000, co-author)
- Book: The Intention Economy (2012).
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple.
- The story of my Background Mode podcast.
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed.
- Archive of all Background Mode Shows.
- Background Mode at iTunes.
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com