Listener Jason had a security breach on his home network. Learn what he did that allowed this to happen, and what you can do to prevent it. Lots of other tips in this episode, too, like removing phantom app storage, enabling iCloud for iBooks after the fact, starting up in Safe Mode with a wireless keyboard, and much more.
MGG 619: Security Breach!
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. It’s the first place John and Dave look for their upgrades. Make OWC your first stop, too!.
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Good Guys 2016 Car Show (1:31)
- Testarossa Winebar 107
- HTTP/2 (2:46)
- NGINX 7 Tips for Faster HTTP/2 Performance
- Extended Validation Certificate (6:15)
- Manage your iCloud storage (15:28)
- iCloud backup hidden or phantom space
- EyeTV 250 Plus (17:43)
- NosillaCast (19:18)
- Preview Keyboard Shortcuts (21:07)
- Dropbox (22:32)
- Resilio (BitTorrent Sync)
- Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (37:04)
- Use iCloud Drive or iBooks to access your PDF files, ePub files, and books (41:50)
- Spot Maps
- Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player
- iTunes 11 for Mac: Choose import settings
- How do I assess and mitigate the security risks of a VNC tool? (46:49)
- OpenVPN for iOS
- Amplifi (1:03:38)
- Wi-Fi network roaming with 802.11k, 802.11r, and 802.11v on iOS
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.