In the coming 12 months, the worlds of technology and media will converge even closer than they have in 2016. Here’s what Apple needs to do to become a media giant and avoid being left behind for good. Charlotte Henry weighs in with her recommendations.
Just because the Empire is big and evil and hates the Jedi doesn’t mean they don’t know how to rock. To see just how well Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, and Boba Fett can rock, check out Galactic Empire’s cover of the Star Wars theme. And remember if you’re ever in charge of Vader’s guitar don’t screw up. Ever.
Turning your new MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar into a piano may not be practical but it is pretty cool, and that’s exactly what Touch Bar Piano does. The app lets you choose between 128 different instruments, and you can play chords, too. Touch Bar Piano is a free download, and while it isn’t the same as using an actual piano, it’s a cool example of the creative ideas developers are finding for the Touch Bar.
- Apple TV+: First Look at 'Harriet The Spy'
- Update to 'Pixelmator Pro' 2.3 Brings Automatic Background Removal
- Recipe Manager 'Paprika' Now on Sale in Time for Thanksgiving 2021
- New Alicia Keys EP Available Exclusively on Apple Music
- Loopring's New Smart Wallet Can Help Recover Stolen or Lost Crypto
- A Gorgeous DIY Raspberry Pi Bar-Top Arcade Game
Did the Music app in iOS 10 start auto-shuffling your albums? It’s easy to fix, but you have to know where to look. Bryan Chaffin walks you through it.
The current beta for iOS 10.2 includes an option to turn Star Ratings back on in the Music app! Even more interesting, it’s being returned as an option, allowing users who don’t care about Star Ratings to leave them be. Bryan Chaffin walks you through what we’re seeing so far.
If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber you can already stream music, so why would you want to pay US$7.99 for the just launched Amazon Music Unlimited? It’s the extras you get with Amazon Music Unlimited that set the two apart—but they may not be worth the price.
Apple Music, Spotify, say hello to Amazon Music Unlimited. Amazon just launched its own streaming music service, and here’s the kicker: It doesn’t need to be better than Apple Music or Spotify, just more convenient. That’s enough to keep more people in Amazon’s ecosystem.
One of the many new features in iOS 10 is the ability to “Optimize Storage” of the locally-cached data from your iCloud Music Library. When turned on by the user, this feature instructs your iPhone or iPad to remove local copies of your music if your device gets low on storage space. Don’t worry, only the local copies of those songs are removed. They still remain in the cloud.
- Apple and Right to Repair – TMO Daily Observations 2021-11-17
- Security Friday: Chip Flaws and Data Breaches – TMO Daily Observations 2021-11-19
- Trapped In The Terminal — Mac Geek Gab 901
- Security Tips for Holiday Visits – TMO Daily Observations 2021-11-24
- Adele's Shuffle Challenge and Apple's Stand on State-Sponsored Spyware, with Jeff Gamet - ACM 562
- Apple's Not Wrong to Avoid Crypto (for Now), Apple Small Business Support, with Jeff Gamet - ACM 560