Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For Monday, August 13th, 2007
Direct Links: MP3 Version or AAC Enhanced Version (courtesy of [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed]).
Once again, Dave and John are here to answer your e-mails and share your thoughts. This week, the topics range from Wireless Security to converting your old VHS tapes to something a little more digitally accessible. Plus, hear their thoughts on Apple's announcements last week. Tune in, download, and enjoy!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, subscribe to the AAC Enhanced iTunes Feed.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mandarin Chinese
- Gramophone record
- ADS PYRO A/V Link
- Elgato EyeTV Hybrid
- Canopus video conversion products
- Apple introduces AV series of computers
- Component video
- JVC DR-MX1S
- Disk Warrior 4
- Official KisMAC page (sad)
- KisMAC (via Wikipedia)
- Cracking WEP and WPA Wireless networks
- Intrusion Detection System
- Cisco LEAP
- Apple - Support - Specifications
- iMac (Late 2006) - Technical Specifications
- iMac (Mid 2007) - Technical Specifications
- actualtechnologies (Mac ODBC drivers)
- TMO Quick Tip - .Mac: Adjusting Your Storage Settings
- iStat Pro Widget
- WeatherBug Mac Widget for Mac OS X DashBoard
- DoBeDo Widget
- iCal Events
- AirTrafficControl Widget
- iStat Pro Widget
- Podcast and New Media Expo
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast Marketplace Sponsors: Audio Engine, Bare Bones, 1 Free Download from Audible.com< and SmileOnMyMac.
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Theme Music: "The Answer", written by Jeff Steblea and Brian Ayles, as performed by Go Figure. "Made On A Mac" bumper by Mark Fleser
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.