Listen Now: <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.macobserver.com/podcast/player.swf" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290"> </object><br /> Download: (the MP3 will be in the AAC feed this week due to conversion hiccups. Sorry about that!)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For June 2, 2008
Answers to your Mac questions and tips and advice from listeners and your two favorite Geeks alike, Mac Geek Gab 154 is in the wild! Topics covered include wireless signal strength, utilities to comb your hard drive clean, running IE on your Mac without Windows, and more.
Sponsor: Speed Download: Four amazing products in one ? a turbo-charged download manager with auto-resuming downloads, a?fully featured secure FTP client, a file sharing utility with full encryption, and complete .Mac/iDisk/WEBDAV connectivity.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- WWDC08 (June 9-13)
- ADA 68th Scientific Sessions (June 6-10)
- About the Mac OS X 10.5.3 Update
- TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Scroll By Days in Week View
- Google Contacts sync to iPhone
- Adobe File Corruption with 10.5.3
- Macworld UK Article with Apple quote re: Airport Status Bars
- Using the AirPort status menu to control AirPort (confirms quality measure)
- WebEx for Education
- LCD Panel with LED Backlight
- Tutorial: Preferences Files: The Complete Story (Part VI)
- Charlie bit my finger - again !
- Spotlight Plugins
- Apple & Education
- Grand Perspective
- Disk Inventory X
- Amazon Sells Applecare
- LA Computer Sells AppleCare even cheaper
- Pilot Pete's Podcast and Blog
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to [removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('Michael Johnston')'))[removed].
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
|[removed] var frappr_mapheight = 210; var frappr_mapwidth = 210; var frappr_mapzoom = 60; var frappr_host = "http://www.frappr.com/";var gid = 587916;[removed] [removed][removed]|
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.