Two geeks. Your question. Answers. Tips. How can you go wrong? You can't, unless you don't listen! Wanna learn the best way to swap an SSD in – and when it's not necessary? Want to learn how to backup your massive iMovie library? Having battery woes? Lightning connector not working properly? All this and more in this week's Mac Geek Gab! Download, press play and let the cogitation commence!
MGG 517: Random Access Gab
Sponsor: Smile's PDFpen Scan+ lets you scan documents, articles, receipts, and more, using your iPhone or iPad camera.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Hottest Day of 2014 for John
- iPhone 5 Lightning Port Charging Problem (4:50)
- Rubber Stoppers for Lightning Connectors
- Apple Issues Invites for September 9th Media Event (11:30)
- Mac 30th Celebration
- Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac (14:48)
- PDFPen Scan+ App Store Promotion (19:21)
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Mac mini (23:13)
- Trim Enabler (29:49)
- SSD Fan Control
- HDD Fan Control
- Sonos Can Now Use Your Existing Wi-Fi (45:44)
- Check your MGG Premium Progress (48:23) (Sept 10th is the cutoff for next Premium gifts)
- How to use and troubleshoot FireWire target disk mode (53:10)
- OWC USB2 2.5” Drive Case
- NewerTech USB3 Universal Driver Adapter
- NewerTech Voyager Drive Adapter
- Drive Savers Data Recovery
- Data Rescue 3
- OS X Mavericks: Enter characters with accent marks (1:06:00)
- Port Forwarding Resource
- ShieldsUP! (UPnP and Open Port Testing)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.