This week’s Mac Geek Gab episode finds your two favorite geeks, Dave and John, starting off discussing the reasons and how-tos behind Lion’s new Recovery Partition as well as Internet Recovery, then it’s off to figure out how to edit HTML on your iPad, solving iDevice and Mac syncing issues and lots, lots more. Plus, Dave has now had some hands-on time with the Lantronix xPrintServer, and he and John talk through that, as well. Perfect to take with you on the road and geek out during your commute!
MGG 381: Mac Internet Recovery, HTML on iPad, iDevice Syncing, More!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Apple Enables Lion Internet Recovery in Mid 2010 iMacs
- OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery
- OS X Lion, iCloud: “Find My Mac” service is dimmed, “Recovery system update required” appears
- OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery Disk Assistant
- iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi Syncing
- iCloud: Backup and restore overview
- Roxio Toast
- DVD Spanner
- Markup for iPad
- FTP on the Go
- Ten different ways to connect to servers
- Autofs: Automatically Mounting Network File Shares in Mac OS X
- Lantronix xPrintServer Allows iOS Devices to Use Network Printers
- TravelTracker Pro
- FlightTrack Pro
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).