Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #70: Favorite New Apps of Two Mac Geeks
by , 10:00 PM EDT, September 18th, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For September 18th, 2006
John and Dave talk through some of the apps they've found and begun using recently.If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, subscribe to the AAC Enhanced iTunes Feed.
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Open Source
- Broadcast Machine
- Warner/YouTube Partnership
- Google News
- SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- SCP (Secure Copy)
- Boot Camp 1.1.1 Beta
- Apple IIc Plus
- This Day in Apple History
- The MacCore
- Universal Access
- Snapz Pro X
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- Podcast/Portable Media Expo
- Mac Networkers Retreat
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-5c earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Tue,6:35 PM
- iKlip Grip: iPhone Stand and Selfiestick with Bluetooth Shutter
- 6:09 PM
- ShowStoppers & MacTech Team Up for DevFocus at WWDC
- 3:40 PM
- HiRise Apple Watch Stand is Beautiful, Well Engineered
- 2:58 PM
- Firefighters Take on Blaze at Apple’s Former Sapphire Glass Factory [Update]
- 2:02 PM
- Apple Watch Course: Go from Newbie to Pro and Build 14 Apps for $25
- 1:55 PM
- Three Things You Didn’t Know TextEdit Could Do For You
- 1:26 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-26: Jony Ive’s Promotion, Cortana Coming to iPhone
- 10:25 AM
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- 9:20 AM
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- 5:26 AM
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 554: Sleepy Macs Sometimes Go To Work