Dwight Silverman is the technology editor for the Houston Chronicle. He manages the TechBurger website, and writes about personal technology for HoustonChronicle.com, Chron.com and the print edition.
Previously, he was the senior web producer for premium products, managing HoustonChronicle.com, the Chronicle’s iPad app and E-edition. He also worked as the social media manager and technology blogger for the Houston Chronicle and Chron.com.
We chatted about becoming a technology journalist in the early days, his work at various newspapers, dealing with unusual writing assignments, how he fell into the Apple/Mac sphere, writing books about the Mac, and his evolution at the Houston Chronicle. We closed with a discussion of te streaming video business and how Apple will break into the business now dominated by Netflix and Amazon.
TMO Background Mode Interview with Houston Chronicle Technology Editor Dwight Silverman
Dwight Silverman is the technology editor for the Houston Chronicle. He manages the TechBurger website, and writes about personal technology for HoustonChronicle.com, Chron.com and the print edition. Previously, he was the senior web producer for premium products, managing HoustonChronicle.com, the Chronicle’s iPad app and E-edition....
Today our sponsor is Keeps.
Losing hair is not good. And 2 out of 3 guys will experience hair loss by the time they’re 35. I want to introduce you to Keeps – the easiest and most affordable way to keep the hair you have.
These FDA approved products used to cost so much, but now… thanks to Keeps, they’re finally inexpensive and easy to get. Starting at just $10 per month, you’ll never have to worry about hair loss again. Key advantages are:
1. Getting started with Keeps is so easy! Sign up takes less than 5 minutes in the privacy of your home. Just answer a few questions and snap some photos of your hair.
2. A licensed physician will review your information online and recommend the right treatment for you, then it’s shipped right to your door every three months.
3. Keeps offers generic versions of the ONLY two FDA approved hair loss products out there — some of you have probably tried them before — but you’ve probably never gotten them for this price.
4. Keeps is only $10 to $35 a month – plus now you can get your first month FREE. That’s a good deal for getting to keep your hair.
To receive your first month treatment for free, go to Keeps.com/BGM.
My Background Mode Interview with Dwight Silverman
- Contact Dwight via email.
- Dwight on Twitter.
- Dwight’s bio page at Chron.com.
- Discussed during show: The golden age of streaming is about to end.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple.
- The story of my Background Mode podcast.
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed.
- Archive of all Background Mode Shows.
- Background Mode at iTunes.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]