TMO Background Mode: Interview with Science Communicator Dr. Kiki Sanford
Dr. Kiki Sanford is a neurophysiologist with a Ph.D from U.C. Davis. She’s a popular science communicator and creator of This Week in Science podcast and radio show. She grew up in the country, and that ignited her interest in wildlife preservation. Early in her career, she obtained her B.S. degree in conservation biology, a field that covers animals, their environment and how humans impact them. Finding post-doctoral research unappealing, she shifted to her current role as a brilliant science communicator. We chatted about her prior research into the brains of small birds, how they store memories, and how they navigate during migration. We also delved into neuro-gaming as well as the perils of being exposed to sophisticated AI agents. After hearing this show, you’ll want to become a scientist too!
My Background Mode interview with Dr. Kiki Sanford
- Kiki on Twitter.
- Kiki's About Me page.
- This Week in Science website.
- This Week in Science on YouTube.
- Kiki's Wikipedia entry.
- Support TMO when you buy your Apple gear from Apple
- TMO Background Mode Twitter feed
- Archive of all Background Mode Shows.
- The background on my Background Mode podcast.
- Send your comments to [email protected] or [email protected]